- Give your child the best nutrition available, i.e., organic nutrition, avoiding packaged foods. By doing this you will prevent further poisoning with heavy metals, pesticides, flavor enhancers like MSG (to download list of MSG containing ingredients click here), color additives, GMOs, preservatives and other waste products.
- Give your child enough pure water without copper or other toxins.
- Avoid the use of the microwave for all food and drinks; avoid also as much as possible any plastic containers and plastic wrap.
- Avoid sugar, sweets in general and artificial sweeteners. It is poisonous to the intestines and pancreas and several other tissues. Sugar also inhibits the production of EPA and DHA , both omega-3 fatty acids that are of crucial importance to the brain tissue.
- We recommend just a few supplements to aid the detoxification and to nourish the brain. We like and use Pure Encapsulations because they are committed to producing the most complete line of
science-based nutritional supplements. Their products contain absolutely no
hidden fillers, coatings, artificial colors or other excipients that
would disrupt or diminish the bioavailability of the ingredients.
Additionally, formulas are free of wheat, gluten, preservatives and
- Put your child on omega-3 fatty acids, the highest and
purest quality fish oil. I
suggest not more than 500 mg a day. Avoid the over consumption of
omega-6 fatty acids from soy and corn, which is mainly in packed foods.
Omega-3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory, while omega-6 fatty acids
- Include two different types of vitamin
C, an ascorbate and fat soluble vitamin C. The general rule is not
more than 1000 mg per year of age, up to 6000mg. This is without
danger; only patients with haemochromatosis should avoid extra vitamin
C, because vitamin C stimulates iron absorption.
- Give also extra zinc. Up to age 4
give 10 mg, from age 4 to 8 give 20 mg, then for older children 30 mg.
- Make sure your child is well grounded to the earth. If possible, have your child walk around barefoot as much as possible. Static electricity may give rise to both emotional/mental disorders and physical complaints. Synthetic clothing, isolating shoes (rubber or plastic soles) and synthetic floor coverings should therefore be avoided. Spend as much time as possible outdoors in nature.
Getting dirty is important for the development of a well adapted immune
The immune system needs exercise just as muscles do.
- Provide a quiet and peaceful environment for your child at home. ASD children are often left brain dominant, this
dominance is further stimulated by the endless stream of 'information'
video games, i-pad, etc. It is like the brain is stimulated to go, go,
go....... but it needs it's right side to decide to stop and make sense
of what it is learning, to integrate information into knowledge, social
skills and non-verbal comprehension. Limit excess stimuli such as TV, Game Boys or computers. Or better yet, stop all use for 1 week and see if there are any improvements. These devices are actually addictive. Playing with wooden blocks and using their imagination stimulates right brain activity.
- Provide a healthy bedroom for your child. A healthy bed should not contain any metal in the frame, box spring or mattress. If possible, have your child sleep facing north or east. A dark room is important for the production of melatonin (sleep hormone). Remove all electric appliances from the bedroom such as electric alarm clocks, TV, computers, video gaming systems and audio equipment.
- Avoid antibiotics since they impair intestinal flora and consequently increase underlying problems. In case of infection, opt for naturopathic or homeopathic solutions.
- Last but certainly not least: Parents, give yourselves a break. Take time to go outside in nature. Find someone that can give you a few hours off each week, so you can reconnect with each other as a couple, without talking about Autism. Recovering from Autism is a journey, not a race, allow yourself time to do other things. We understand the feelings of urgency, however if you burn out you cannot give each other or your child the love and nurture your family needs.
- Autism is a serious disease that can
be treated successfully.
Even though there is a lot of information here, the
detoxification process is the key to success. Please call Ursula
Dobelmann at 828.348.4422 for a 20 minute free consultation and then schedule your CEASE Therapy appointment.